We tailor your eye examination to your needs. It involves much more than a simple sight test.
Our modern consulting room has the latest eye testing and examination equipment, including the Topcon CV5000 computerised trial frame which can be used instead of the old manual trial frame and lenses.
We also use the Topcon NW6S retinal camera for accurate digital photography of the back of your eyes. Digital photography is also used extensively on the front of the eyes, for lids and lash problems, monitoring cataracts, and in contact lens work.
We take the time to explain our findings in language you can understand, and we are honest in advising you of changes required in your prescription.
Our current fee for a full eye examination is £33, unless you are entitled to an NHS funded sight test.
You are entitled to an NHS funded sight test if you fall into one of these groups:
- Over 60
- Under 16
- In full time education aged 16,17,or 18
OR if you receive:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- Tax Credit and are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
Other groups entitled are:
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate
- You are registered blind/partially sighted
- You suffer from diabetes/glaucoma
- You are considered to be at risk of glaucoma by an ophthalmologist
- You are over 40 and are the parent/brother/sister/child of a person who has or had glaucoma
- You are a prisoner on leave from prison
- You have been prescribed complex lenses